Wired presents what they call the Top 10 Amazing Chemistry Videos. Some of the experiments are really spectacular.
Since its beginning, Triple Point has a category devoted to Periodic Tables where I write about the best periodic tables on the Internet. The idea of building a ranking like this begun before the hiatus this blog has suffered. I started collecting URLs of some interesting periodic tables and found myself with a huge list of addresses. My plan was to present a top 10 or a top 20 so I started cutting. My selection was based on factors like content, design, originality and usefulness. At the end I’ve got a list of not 10, neither 20 but 55 great online periodic tables!
I’ve selected periodic tables written only in English or Portuguese, so I intentionally left out many periodic tables written in Spanish, German, Chinese or Japanese, for instance. However many ranked periodic tables have versions in several languages.
This is not a final choice. This post will stay permanently open and I expect to update it very often with more high quality periodic tables. More, I would like to hear your suggestions. If you use or know periodic tables that you think should integrate this ranking write to me or leave a comment. Thanks.
So, let’s go to the ranking of the best periodic tables:
- WebElements Periodic Table
- Visual Elements Periodic Table
- Merck Interactive Periodic Table of the Elements
- Periodic Table Live!
- EnvironmentalChemistry Periodic Table of Elements
- The Wooden Periodic Table Table
- It’s Elemental – The Periodic Table of Elements
- Animated Periodic Table
- Interactive Periodic Table
- NIST Elemental Data Index
- Elementymology & Elements Multidict
- Radiochemistry Society Periodic Table of the Elements
- Wikipedia Periodic Table
- Chemical Elements Interactive Periodic Table of the Elements
- Los Alamos National Laboratory’s Periodic Table
- Genesis Education: Modeling the Periodic Table Interactive Simulation
- Eni Generalic Periodic Table of the Elements
- Mokeur’s Periodic Table
APSIDIUM Extended Periodic Table
- Integral Scientist Modern Standard Periodic Table
- Chemi Cool Periodic Table
- Visual Entities Periodic Table Applet
- ACS Periodic Table
- Kostas Tsigaridis Periodic Table of Elements
- CRC Periodic Table Online
- Michael Dayah’s Periodic Table of Elements
- Corrosion Source Periodic Table of Elements
- Jalenack’s AJAX Periodic Table of the Elements
- David’s Whizzy Periodic Table
- IUPAC Periodic Table
- WebQC Periodic Table of Chemical Elements
- Rembar Periodic Table of the Elements
- Periodic Table of Elements in the Ocean
- Periodic Table of the Elements with Biological Roles
- Minerals Composition Periodic Table
- Periodic Table of the Isotopes
- Nuclear Periodic Table
- Cosmochemical Periodic Table of the Elements in the Solar System
- Enhanced NMR Periodic Table
- Elemental Spectra
- X-Ray Periodic Table
- Periodic Table of the Fermi Surfaces of Elemental Solids
Merck – Tabela Periódica Interactiva
- SoftCiências: Tabela Periódica v2.5
- Wikipedia: Tabela Periódica
Enciclopedia Universal de Física e Química: Tabela Periódica
- Periodic Table of ComicBooks
- Poetic Table of Elements
- Sci Fiction: Periodic Table
- Dartmouth College Periodic Puzzle
- “The Elements” song by Tom Lehrer
- Idiotic Table of the Elements – Uncyclopedia
- Table of Condiments That Periodically Go Bad
- Periodic Table of the Operators
- The SU Periodic Table – A Collaborative Photo Project
Science Quick Picks is a typical cut-and-paste blog, which I maintain as a sort of bookmarks collection of interesting science news and resources and share with my readers. Science Quick Picks has now around one thousand posts and some of them are quite popular. On the restart of Triple Point I leave here links to some of the most recent and to some of the most popular posts:
- (Very Bright) Light Sources
- What Happens to a Metal Ion in Solution?
- Digital Brain Atlas: BrainMaps.org
- Carbenes (CAAC): A Hydrogen-Storage Solution?
- GM Presents the New Generation of Hydrogen Fuel Cell E-Flex
- BioMed’s PhysMath Central: Open Access for Physics and Mathematics Research
- Dark Clouds on Ethanol as Fuel Again
- PBS Teachers: Free Resources for Teaching and Learning
- Derek Lowe on Intelligent Design
- Discovery MythBusters on Diet Coke / Mentos Experiment
- Arsenic Poisoning: The Solution and The Problem
- Physics Flash Animations
- The Missing Source of Secondary Organic Aerosols (SOAs)
- New Distillation Process Improves Energy Efficiency of Corn Ethanol Production
- Nandrolone & Steroids in Sports
- The Physics of Football (Soccer)
- Immunological Purification Detects Synacthen – A Banned Performance-Enhancing Drug
- The Delicious Chemistry of Chocolate
The transfer is finally complete! I had more problems than I had expected, but this blog is now ready to function in WordPress. I have yet minor things to do like checking links but the primary task is complete. The site’s structure is almost the same. The main modification is that the best chemistry sites now have their own page named The List. In this list you can find the sites I consider to be the most valuable chemistry resources. All these sites were previously reviewed in Ponto Triplo (my Portuguese blog). You can find some of these reviews translated to English in this blog.
I hope to restart posting shortly. In the meantime, if you detect some errors please let me know. Thanks.
More than one year after the last post, this blog will rebirth in a new home. Triple Point will move from TypePad to WordPress in the next few days. Expect some turbulence. I will post again after setting everything up.